Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Installation Instructions
You need to have a PC running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, Windows 64 or Windows Vista.
You will also be required to register with Microsoft. If you have a Hotmail or Windows Live account already then use that. If not then you will need to sign up (it is free) for one.
- Download the 3Mb file. This is a small download but you will need to download a large volume of files so don't attempt this unless you have a DSL or faster Internet connection.
- We recommend you include the MSDN 2005 Express Edition in the download. If you have already downloaded Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, you may have this. It contains projects, source code and help.
- You don't need SQL Server 2005 now but it will be useful in the future. It can be downloaded at a later stage. The total download is 339Mb with the .Net 2 framework and MSDN or 30Mb for just the C# Part. You might want to do this early in the morning for faster download speed.
- You don't need the Platform SDK now but you might find it useful in the future.
- After downloading and Installing, run Visual C# 2005 Express Edition. This will try to connect to the internet and that is ok. It is just to download news and check for updates.
- You now have 30 days to register to get a registration key. Once you have it, hit Help and Register Product. Enter your registration code.