This is a list of useful online free code repositories and pastebins. A pastebin is an online code repository, ie a web application that allows its users to upload snippets of text, usually samples of source code, for public viewing, sharing and in some cases editing.
If you know of any that aren't listed here, please email me at email@example.com with details and I'll add them here and post a mini review of each.
- Snippets Archive Old site, mainly C/C++ and Dos.
- Snipplr.com. Nice simple to use repository with a large selection of languages. It even has both iPhone and Objective-C.
- Pastebin.com The original I guess since 2002 but just recently been revamped. it includes public and private (free) sharing for a very large range of programming languages. there's even an API.
- Snipt.net Login with OpenID and search for public snippets. No language search or stats.
- CodePad.org More about running code online but also lets you see recent pastes. It includes C, C++ and D amongst others.
- Ideone Another pastebin with a built in compiler that can compiler more than 40 languages and also includes an API.
- Gist.github.com Part of GitHub which is a very popular open source repository. Gist is a simple way to share snippets and pastes with others. All gists are git repositories, so they are automatically versioned, forkable and usable as a git repository.
- Dpaste.com Very simple Pastebin.
- Dpaste.org Very simple Pastebin based on dpaste.com but slightly enhanced and open sourced.
- ByteInn.com A simple snippet repository with 13 languages supported including C/C++ and C#. Nice looking site that includes a statistics pie chart (C/C++ snippets are currently 24% of all snippets).
- CodeTidy Very simple pastebin with no apparent search facilities.
- LiveWorkspace Another one like ideoone.com
- Csharp.io - A snippet website with built in Intellisense in tooltips.
Online C++ Compilers
- gcc.godbolt.org Linux - Clang and GCC various versions
- Rise4Fun (From Microsoft Reserach - Microsoft VC++ 2012
- Stacked-Crooked (Just GCC 4.7.2)
Free with Paid Option
- CodeBarrel.com. 25 Snippets free then need to upgrade to $9.95 a month.
- Compile online for C#.Net, Java and VB.NET. Registration (free I think) is required. It also lets you create Windows forms!
- Mud (Multi-User Dungeon) Pastebin Several C and C++ code examples.